Mozilla Firefox Browser Stable Version Releases

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JRViejo, Mar 18, 2014.

1. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

2. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Any news whether there will come FF ESR version 115.6.1 soon?

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Jan, it's rare to see a corresponding ESR version whenever Fx has a dot release, unless it's for a major security fix. Don't hold your breath. :shifty: :)

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/

4. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks JR!

I was curious since TB version 115.6.1 was very recently released.

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Jan, you're welcome! And yes, I was surprised too to see a TB dot release at the same time, although TB usually moves at a different update pace.

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/releases/

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

7. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Schedule Update.

8. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Schedule Update.

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

10. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

12. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

13. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I believe Firefox is blocking content by default, unrelated to what can be blocked or unblocked in Settings privacy. I also believe is blocking more now than what it did just a few weeks ago. Does anyone knows how to relax this restrictions in Firefox. Perhaps there are about:config settings that I can try.

A few days ago I updated Firefox 118.0.2 to Firefox. 121.0.1. After doing so I ended up with issues when I visit a couple of websites that I have been visiting for years. This sites have become unusable. Domains that need to run, don't run. So, something changed in Firefox in one of the versions in between the one I was using before updating to the one I updated. Firefox became more restrictive on default. After reading a couple of pages back in this thread, my guess is the change took place in Firefox 120.

I tried a new profile with no changes, the only way this websites work in Firefox is If I go back to 118.0.2. The sites are usable with Edge. But I rather use Firefox. Please help if you can.

Bo

14. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

current is firefox 122. and believing is a church thing ;)
    install v122, post an example, then others might be able to reproduce.
    and no, there exist no hidden settings.

15. bo elam

The church thing (as you call it) is called faith. Believing is what my eyes and ears tell me.

Anyway, see what the sites look like in Edge and how they looked in Firefox 118.0.2. Now all I get is the same webpage with no streaming content. How do I know Firefox is blocking things? I know the domains that run in those pages, and this domains are not running in Firefox anymore.

https://strikeout.im/nfl/1/nfl-network-stream

https://www.vipbox.lc/american-football/espn-1-live

1.jpg

2.jpg

Bo

16. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Hi bo,

I tried those two links in latest Firefox running on MX-23 Linux, and it was very painful trying to get streaming content to play in them. I literally had to disable uBO 1.55.1b23and allow pop-ups for vipbox.Ic and strikeout.im, and also I had to disable Firefox' own Tracking protection. It did, however, cause ad and gambling-filled pages to open in new tabs.

With latest edge using uBO MV3 on Linux, it was easy; I just had to open the links in the address bar and the streaming content played, albeit with a few ads first that uBO MV3 was not able to block.

17. plat

plat Registered Member

Strange, I unblocked the media to play ( one of the icons in the address bar) and got a pop-up from Windows firewall. As expected, Brave browser let everything alone and the video from both links played perfectly.
    firefox media.PNG

Edit: I tried again and did not get the firewall message again. I had to run Firefox outside of Sandboxie also and pause uBO to get the ESPN video to run. The other one "Strikeout" ran after disabling the popup block in the address bar. If it's worth the extra hassle to run in Firefox....?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  18. bo elam

Thanks for the replies (plat, wat0114). The pictures I posted is with NoScript On. Blocking as much content as possible and only allowing the domains that are required to run to play the desired content.

In this first picture below you can see what I get now in Firefox. While just a few days ago I used to get the webpages perfectly fine just like I still get them in Edge. Take a look at the NoScript Menu to see what runs in Firefox and then compare it to what runs in Edge (picture way below) and it can be seen that in Edge, more domains run. Firefox is blocking more than it used to. This websites are nasty, so there are good reasons to block them but with NoScript you tame the websites. You clean them up. I get no ads, nothing nasty. Just one popup. There are probably some settings in about:config that would take care of this annoyance, but probably are not well known and Mozilla don't want people to know about them. Edge works fine, but I prefer to use Firefox.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Bo

19. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

I agree Firefox is, for some reason, blocking domains from this site far more aggressively than with Edge. It even looks as though, if I'm not mistaken, that you have Firefox' Enhanced Tracking Protection disabled for this site. As for possible settings in about:config, I have no idea if there is exists something there than can be set to allow the sight to render properly. Hopefully you can find a solution that works for you.

20. bo elam

I have Enhanced tracking set as Standard. I tested setting it up as Custom and disabling everything, it gave no better results. I also disabled Enhanced tracking in the URL bar and sent a message to Firefox. Perhaps it helps.

This two sites change/rotate domains often. I think the domain that Firefox is blocking is edgeking. This two websites have been using that domain for about three months. They are different sites but when one changes domains the other one does too. Edgeking is a good clean domain, nothing wrong with it but perhaps Mozilla is blocking it because of some of the other domains that come with it. I only allow edgeking to run and block the nasty domains but not everyone uses NoScript or use it correctly. This websites are not for everyone. To me, they cant do anything wrong but they are nasty and dangerous if the visitor doesnt know what he or she is doing.

Wat, I know you like this stuff so I ll tell you this :). I keep track of the domains that run in this websites. I have a list in a text file in which I write down the names of new domains as they become needed, I write them on the left side and move the ones that are not required anymore to the right side of the list. I have been doing this for years. Also, I make the corresponding changes to what is allowed to run and what is not in NoScript.

Look at the picture below, it is from Sept 2023, not long ago. Pretty much everything that whats needed then, is not needed now and the required domains are different than what is required now. At worst, my solution is just a matter of waiting. Sooner rather than later, this websites will switch from using edgeking to something else. That should solve it.

ns nfl.jpg

Bo

21. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Schedule Update.

22. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

23. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

24. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

FYI. Schedule Update.

25. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.