Mount Backup Server Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by adispy, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adispy

adispy Registered Member

OK...for about two weeks I've been testing acronis enterprise before buy it and put it into production, but...several downsides came into my attention:
    I can't mount acronis backup server images. I saw that the server is creating the images without extension, so how am I supose to look at the image content before restore;or what if the backup server is going down... That's one of the downside of acronis.
    The other one is that acronis is not so good at integrating with AD (active directory), and the broadcast for discover resources on the network.
    If somewone can clear me.

2. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

Have you tried accessing the Backup Server's backups using the wizard?

There is a tool to convert backups stored in the BS to a TIB file. It's in the window where you can see all the backups.

Yes, its recommended to also backup the Backup Server. Or don't use the Backup server and just use a password protected windows shared folder or linux SAMBA folder so that the files will be in its 'portable' form. Drawback is that there would not be any 'house-keeping' of backup instances; it would just continue on creating additional files and you would have to manually delete the old ones.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello adispy,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that, as described in Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server User's Guide, "mount operation does not support Acronis Backup Server". You can view Acronis Backup Server archive contents by starting a restore operation and choosing "Restore files and folders" mode.

As for the cases when Acronis Backup Server computer is down (while archives are intact), I recommend you to contact our Support Team. We will provide you with means to convert archives to normal .tib format.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.