Most Strange Behaviour

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

This has me stumped :blink: I decided to give Farstone's Drive Clone 5 Pro a whiz on a System that I cleaned up, but when It gets to the installation proceedure, it stops and says.... Avast has been detected on this system, and is incompatible with DriveClone please uninstall Avast before proceeding, Setup will now close :blink: I dont bloody well have Avast installed on my system! :blink: Infact there are no AV's installed at all, like I said I did a thourough cleanup,I deleted the registry enties, deleted any lurking folders, and used SecureClean to delete the Slack space used by uninstallers, but it still says ints installed, yet Search finds no trace of Avast, or ALWIN fo rthat matter. So whats up with this DriveClone :doubt: Anyone any Idea o_O

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Did you ever, at any point have avast installed?
    Did you try on a fresh install?
    Mrk

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

1: Yes (Removed it All no traces detectable by Windows Search)
    2: Yes (Can't say I'm impressed though, 47GB to install, and slow startup,Welcome Screen Hang)

:blink: :blink:

4. forty

forty Guest

Yes it hangs a little on start up. But it performs perfectly. I won't trust anything else after using this for a couple months. Take Care : Rocky

5. daniel952

daniel952 Registered Member

You may have removed Avast to the point that a Windows search does not find a trace, but the reason that your install detects it is due to leftover traces of Avast anti-virus in the registry. You'll need to remove all traces of Avast from the registry by running Regedit

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

regedit you should look for ALWIL under HKEY_current_user and HKEY_local_Machine the registry keys remain after removal,unless you manually remove them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.