more gui problems

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by kC_, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

ESS on xp pro, was left idle overnite, nothing downloading, no scans...

checked email and news this morning, browsed a few (trusted) websites, then there must of been a definition update as the pop up appeared on the bottom right of the screen, but stretched all the way to the top of my screen, very odd...

so i went to look inside ess by double clicking on the tray icon, then saw this
    http://www.zen66583.zen.co.uk/ess2.jpg

so couldnt do anything then, it had crashed the pc, managed to restart with taskmanager, with plenty of essgui.exe crash errors whilst doing so.

for now its back to nod32/outpost.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please send the Dr Watson log C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\drwtsn32.log to betasupport [at]eset.com with this thread's url in the subject. Also attach a log from Autoruns.

3. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

i used acronis TI 9 to go back to previous working setup, so it would of deleted them logs...
    i will definatley be giving beta3 a go (when availiable), and will make a note to save them files if it happens again..
    ive noticed that if ess has a wierd gui issue like that or if it crashes.. the next restart nothing will work, and you are unable to even uninstal ESS (without safe mode/disable eset services, then reboot & uninstal)

that was beta2's last chance here, 4th clean instal of it ive had to do.. each time re-making rules/settings (didnt want to export/import settings)

another crash that happens occasionally is when adding folders to the exclusion list, sometimes works fine, sometimes just stops responding when adding one.. then the same procedure as above must be done, because after a forced restart, ess wont work

as for other resident software - only application is truecrypt 4.3a on a pretty standard/very stable p4 3.0ghz/2gb ram pc

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.