More comodo scan log questions

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by seadog, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seadog

seadog Registered Member

Where can I learn what the log entries mean? For example everyday I have the entry "outbound policy violation(access denied) ICMP=router solicitation"appears several times. Also "inbound policy violation(access denied)protocol IGMP". I also get a large number of other inbound violations (access denied) from various ip addresses which I understand is normal. I would really like to know what the first 2 examples are. Particularly who/what is trying to access the net from my pc. Thanks in advance for any info.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

both of those entries seem to be related to a (your) router. i dont know if theyre necessary though; is your internet connection fine?

3. seadog

seadog Registered Member

WFSuser....Thanks for the come back. Here's the rub.I have not had a router for over 2 years. I think it might have something to do with renewing my ip address but I'm not sure as I am clueless in this area. I had an event viewer error regarding Dhcp not able to renew ip lease yesterday in conjunction with not being able to access the web. Rebooted pc & then was able to access. Need someone with more knowledge than I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.