Mks Menu in MKS_VIR 2005

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by magoood, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magoood

magoood Registered Member

HELLO
    I use this antivirus program called "MKS_VIR" (from: www.mks.com.pl)*
    I am complaining about that thing called "MKS MENU" !
    It takes up about 7 MB of system memory and since it is already useless for me, i disabled it from starting up automatically but when i update the MKS VIR program, i find that silly menu appears again in the taskbar!! so i have to disable it once again and so on...!!
    I tried deleting this the file "MKS_MENU.EXE" entirely from the Bin folder but every time i update the MKS VIR program, this silly file "MKS_MENU.EXE" *is downloaded again and executed automatically and place itself in the startup - all of that happens without any excuse from me!!!
    so Isn't there any way to get rid of it for ever coz i don't need it and i am sure *that so many people are supporting me in this ?
    MANY THANKS in advance
    P.S.
    OS used: XP PRO with SP2
    MKS version: 2005

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I use ArcaVir 2005 (International version of MKS_Vir) and I have a similar process running on startup, called 'abmenu.exe'. Dunno what I should do about it :doubt:

3. gmichale

gmichale Registered Member

Well, in the current version of ArcaVir and mks_vir there is no possibility to disable menu. abmenu and mks_menu perform some operations important for the package. And 99.999% of users want to see it in the tray to be sure if the monitor is active and to have the quick access to scan tasks. But - we'll think about the option that allows to disable the menu icon.

4. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Try deleting it, then create a new text document with the same name, change the extension of course, then set the permissions to read only, and put it in the same folder. May or may not work. If not, you can edit the security permissions on higher level with XP Pro, not sure about XP Home, I don't have that version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.