Missing wguard.inf file?

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by michaelbenson, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "The file "wguard.inf" on DiamondCS WormGuard Module is needed.
    Type the path where it is located and then click OK"

Is the message i recieve when trying to install WormGuard protection.
    What path do i type in, or are there some missing files in the installation. I just downloaded a trial version of product today and this is the error i am receiving.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

3. WSF

WSF Guest

Pilli >> is it the case if "winxp system restore" enabled ? not the case if it is turned off already?

Michaelbenson >> Is this the 1st time WG installed and activated protection? and there is on your box a system defence like PG or others alike in your layer defence? For me, I got the same issue even "xp system file restoration" disabled anyway; and finally got it installed properly (hope so) when temporarily turned off PG's protection while activating WG's "live-protection".

?

4. michaelbenson

michaelbenson Registered Member

I have indeed got ProcessGuard installed, as well as AV and Firewall products. I downloaded the wguard.inf file from the link provided above and the installation went along fine now.

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

@ Michael. Good I am glad it is working OK.

@WSF, For system restore to work correctly I have the following line in my WG's allowed list: C:\windows\system32\reastore\restrui.exe Note: I have put the default C:\Windows in front of system32 so this path will need changing if your windows is on a different drive and folder. This works for me :D

HTH Pilli.

6. Skank!

Skank! Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.