Minor UI issues...

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Simula67, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simula67

Simula67 Registered Member

Hi there, I've recently become aware of Returnil and so far I really like the product. I have a couple of minor issues with the UI however; actually one that's not quite as minor in my opinion and one that's more of a suggestion. Anyway...

I feel that the text on the software's "home" dialog related to System Safe is confusing. I highlighted the text in question on this image. It's not clear whether I click on this to start with windows or whether it's already set to do so. By going into the full dialog you see a check box that makes the usage much more apparent. It's not bad and after a few uses you understand what is meant by the home dialog text but it's a bit confusing for someone brand new to the program in my opinion.

The second issue is that with the free version there are several areas that are greyed out because they're not available but there's no real explanation to the end user as why they're greyed out - granted, many people using the software will know the reason but some sort of a little asterisk with a popup saying that the feature isn't available might be nice - could kind of use it as a sales tool too but please don't make the mistake that a lot of companies do and overdo it - something subtle and unobtrusive is more likely to prompt sales than something that feels like the user is being pressured - again, my opinion.

Take care and keep up the great work with the product, I've been recommending it to friends and colleagues ( at least the ones I think are able to understand what it does :argh: ).
    --
    Simula67

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello Simula67 and welcome to the forums :)

Thank you for the feedback and excellent suggestions. We have identified much of what you suggest and are working to incorporate the corrections/improvements in the next GUI upgrade. Please keep your suggestions coming :) :cool:

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.