Migrate Easy Freezes on Reboot

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Gt2n0me2, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gt2n0me2

Gt2n0me2 Registered Member

I started the migrate process using all the auto options, the correct old and new drives were selected. I have window 98SE. When the computer rebooted (as this was required to start the process), all I see is a black screen with Acronis Migrate Easy and then a blinking cursor. It never goes any further, I let it run for 7 hours and nothing ever changed. Now I can't get back into Windows, it continually goes back to this. How do I stop the program so I can get back into Windows??

2. SemiAuto40

SemiAuto40 Registered Member

I had many problems gettting my WindowsXP laptop to make True Image 11 to clone a hard drive as it states it will. Tried several times and have just got it to work by following below:

-Create boot disk by using Acronis True Image 11 and left in CD drive.
    -Shut down laptop and external drive case.
    -Took existing drive to clone out of laptop and plugged into a USB drive enclosure.
    -Put new drive into laptop.
    -Booted up laptop by using F12 upon boot up to use CD drive with acronis disk.
    -Used Acronis (carefully) to clone the external USB drive to destination drive now in laptop. NOTE: tried all of this with drives in other positions did not work. like Tech support said it would.
    -When True Image is complete shut down and turn off external drive.
    -Reboot normally using newly cloned hard drive that was placed in laptop.

This may not be your problem but blinking cursor was what happened after I thought I had cloned my hard drive by following program and tech support instructions.

3. Gt2n0me2

Gt2n0me2 Registered Member

This is what tech support has told me to do:
    Ilya: Please use the following instructions on creation of the bootable CD.
    Ilya: - Download the http://download.acronis.com/sl/fvpb...TrueImage8101_multiparam_Standard_english.iso file
    Ilya: - Download the http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.4.2.0.exe file and install the ImgBurn application from it
    Ilya: - Insert a blank unformatted CD into the CD/DVD device
    Ilya: - Run the ImgBurn application
    Ilya: - Select "Write image file to disc"
    Ilya: - Choose the downloaded TrueImage8101_multiparam_Standard_english.iso file as source file
    Ilya: - Select the CD/DVD device with a blank unformatted CD inserted as destination
    Ilya: - Proceed writing
    Ilya: After that please boot from the created CD, click Tools -> Clone Disk -> Manual mode
    Ilya: and proceed with cloning.

i did that and it successfully cloned the drive but I am still stuck in the continuous loop where my first clone try got stuck. The computer reboots and displays a black screen with the words "Acronis Migrate Easy" and a blinking cursor. Still no luck so far.:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.