Might be infected... please help

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by paranoid guy, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paranoid guy

paranoid guy Registered Member

I was on irc, and a friend of mine PM'ed me a link. I was unsure weather to click it or not but... he convinced me. So i click it and i get a warning window from nod32 saying something was quarantined. So i check the quarantine and it says possibly a variant of a .NIF trojan. Then I deleted it from the quarantine. Next day i get a pop up that says "some of the files suitable for analysis need your approval" or something like that. so i submitted it. Question is, if i had deleted it from the quarantine, and was asked to submitted it the next day, am I infected? o_O

2. Hagla007

Hagla007 Registered Member

I'd suggest you to do a scan with Eset and Malwarebytes.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If the file was detected and quarantined upon download and you didn't have a change to run it, your computer is clean. If a threat was detected after receiving and running the suspicious files there's a small chance it could still be active and running. In that case, I'd suggest contacting Customer care and supplying them with a SysInspector log generated on that pc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.