Microsoft Removes Windows Vista 'Kill Switch'

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by EASTER, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

ARTICLE RESOURCE

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Good grief, does anyone in their right mind actually want Vista badly enough to pirate it?? Any odds on that being the reason Vista's piracy is so much lower?

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

you would be very suprised according to some web sites at how high the piracy rate is for vista

and i agree i was one of those people i had to actually call them and do over the phone activation method because they forced me to re-activate.. i mean this is ridiculous.. thats twice i had to call now to "re-activate" and my copy of vista came with my notebook so its 100% legit.. i mean they really are going to tick some people off here

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Makes me glad that i image my systems. That way i only need to activate once and avoid all these problems.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

These already mentioned and other completely ridiculous nusances is exactly why countless XP customers/users like myself are quite content to sticking with XP Professional for the foreseeable future because after this most recent debacle of $M in this release of Vista, how is an experienced audience suppose to draw any encouragement that Vienna will prove out any better?

I mean XP Pro is already better then Vista hands down plus it's vendor software business is still not even climaxed yet and is greatly booming with all the latest innovations never before seen. I see Vista as a cripple :thumbd:

So what possibly rabbit-out-of-the-hat will Microsoft do for an encore to this? AFAIK, XP customers are still waiting for the next $M O/S release to XP.

6. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

My mobo manufacturer had the wrong file for the Chipset and I installed it and have had nothing but problems trying to figure out what the problem is since I installed Vista Ultimate and there is something called "Problem Resports and Solutions" in the control panel and I clicked on it to see what it was and it told me I had a problem the Chipset driver and it spit out this file I have never seen before and I compared it to the file I d/l from the mobo site and now I know why I have had problems, some files are completely missing.

Now, I would say that's a pretty smart OS.

7. masqueofhastur

masqueofhastur Registered Member

^Nice to have some more well thought out perspective.

8. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I got my Vista Ultimate totally free from Microsoft :cool: No cheats, cracks, or lame timer disablements, just 100% totally free *puppy* I could say how, but that would be telling wouldnt it :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.