Microsoft Anti Spyware and Spware blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Naddude, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naddude

Naddude Registered Member

Does anyone know if Spyware blaster can be run with Microsoft's "new" (formeraly Giant) Antispyware beta program??

Thanks! :)

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Definitely YES!! Actually, SpywareBlaster doesn't really "run", it just sets killbits in the registry and uses Zero resources. In theory (famous last words), you should be able to run SpywareBlaster with anything because, like I said, it really isn't "running".

Acadia

3. Naddude

Naddude Registered Member

Thanks Acadia. I was just wondering wheterh they both do teh same thing and therefore run counterproductively. They sem to run OK together (So far I am impressed with the MS antispyware program.)

4. amoser

amoser Guest

Would it be ok o have Microsoft Anti-spyware and SpywareGuard running at the same time? If not which is better?

Thanks,

5. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

That's a good question! You can certainly have them running together but whether SWG is giving worthwhile additional protection I do not know!

I run Giant AS and I have recently taken SWG off, because I felt they might be merely duplicating each other in terms of protection given.

I would be very interested to know if SWG really can increase your safety above that given by Giant/MSAS. I would also like to know if SWG can keep out things like the AboutBlank/Home Search Assistant and VX2/BetterInternet problems.

6. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

i have the ms antispy prg and run spywareblaster too. no conflicts or probs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.