Microsoft advises IE users to uninstall Netscape 8

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. polyglory

polyglory Registered Member

I just dowloaded it the other day and so far am very impressed with it.

Now after reading that article, whats the best setting, Firefox or IE mode? :)

3. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Netscape admitted that it was a bug and will release a patch. In the mean time, I recommend Firefox. I have been doing a lot of hard research into Firefox for security at work. I am really impressed.

My biggest dislike of IE is the security zones. I believe that the have the security zones backward. I believe that the Restricted sites zone should be the default zone, and the Internet zone should be the one where you grant trusted sites the rights to do vertain things on your computer.

But oddly enough this is Firefox's weakness. Firefox security applies to everything. If you open up the security in one area, you open it up to all sites. Some of this will change in Firefox 1.1 and you can be more selective about the sites that you want to open up to.

It's the extensions that make Firefox far superior. Adblock is my favorite. You can create filters to block unwanted ads, banners, pictures, frames, and scripts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.