Memory Leaks?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by DGBrothers, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGBrothers

DGBrothers Registered Member

Hi, all.

I just downloaded all the Wilders.org software and installed them.

Upon opening the WinXP Task Manager, I noticed that on the Performance tab, the number of Handles kept going up and up and up. After just 1/2 hour, I had over 50,000 Handles, when at startup, I usually run with 4544 Handles (if no other software is started after boot), and it stays there around 4544. I also noticed that PageFile usage went from 107 MB to 135 MB in that 1/2 hour, and was still climbing.

I went into CodeStuff Starter, and disabled all the Wilders.org software, and rebooted. I then went back into CodeStuff Starter, and manually launched each Wilders.org program, watching Task Manager afterward.

I found two programs that keep taking more and more Handles: Browser Hijacker Blaster, and SpyWareGuard.

Has anybody else noticed this behaviour? Is there a way to prevent the two aforementioned programs from taking ever increasing numbers of Handles, or is this a software glitch?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Darren

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'm looking into this particular issue to see what might be causing it.

EDIT: Using Browser Hijack Blaster and SpywareGuard at the same time is not recommended. Conflicts may arise from doing so. (SpywareGuard's Browser Hijacking Protection includes the capabilities of Browser Hijack Blaster, and more, so there isn't a need either.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. DGBrothers

DGBrothers Registered Member

Hi,

Just so you know, the only software I'm running (besides the Wilders.org software) is the ZoneAlarm firewall (latest version), Norton AV 2003 (latest updates installed), and the Spybot Search & Destroy Resident program. I've got all unnecessary services disabled. The latest WinXP Pro updates are installed from windowsupdate.com.

The machine is a Gateway Performance 850MHz PIII with 272MB RAM and 40GB hard drive (90% free), ATI Radeon 7500 PCI video card (latest drivers), and 1.2 Mbps DSL connection through LAN.

Hope this helps in troubleshooting.

Darren

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I have identified the problem with SpywareGuard and I have been able to replicate it (it does indeed involve the Browser Hijacking Protection component). I'll have it fixed in the next version. :) (It isn't too much of an issue for now, but it will be fixed.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.