McSACore.exe giving me fits.....

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bgfalconboy, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

I think that is the exact exe file for Site Advisor that is making Online Amour constantly telling me that it wants to access something. I can't load firefox because of it, everything just slows down to a crawl. I can load opera just fine.

Basically OA is telling me that McSACore.exe wants to remotely control another process. It tells me that the process it wants to control is in C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe(Process ID=764). Thats whats in the window from OA.

Edit* I have since now uninstalled McAfee Site Avisor and now my problems have gone away. Anyone know why OA is constantly giving me popups on this action by site advisor?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Fly

Fly Registered Member

It's probably not an error.

I haven't used the SiteAdvisor since they released version 2.8.

You might want to read the privacy policy/EULA/whatever of the SiteAdvisor.
    I don't remember the words, but that and the fact that a standalone version of the SiteAdvisor automatically integrated itself with the McAfee Securitycenter (I was using McAfee Virusscan Plus) made me uninstall the SiteAdvisor.

My guess is that the SiteAdvisor both downloads and uploads data when you access a website. And OA notices that.

4. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Well I've since done away with Site Advisor and went with LinkExtend plugin. Although not a huge fan of the toolbar , it does have some cool features and does give me site ratings from Site Advisor as well as the other similar tools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.