McAfee beta incompatability

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by noblelord, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

Having tried to install McAfee Total Protection beta, the installer is telling me that it is incompatible with Prevx as it interferes with VirusScan. Flagging it here to give you advanced notice so that when the new version of McAfee is released (scheduled for early 2010 I believe), there won't be any issues. Really don't want to uninstall Prevx as I have a paid copy.

Thanks.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    There are no incompatibilities between Prevx and McAfee and McAfee is likely just reading what AVs are installed and then saying it is incompatible.

If the installation is preventing you from continuing, you can uninstall Prevx and then install McAfee and then reinstall Prevx, although this is indeed tedious but I'm unsure there is anything else that we can do to alleviate the situation if they're detecting the Prevx installation.

3. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I think it is standard practice for McAfee to detect and ask you to uninstall any other security apps they find. That way they dont have to deal with any support issues caused by other vendor's products.
    Follow PH's instructions and you should be ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.