Mcafee Antispyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AnthonyG, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

2. mrgeek

mrgeek Registered Member

I used Mcafee anti-spyware for a few weeks and finally uninstalled it, and went with Giant for real time protection. It was a pain to update (you had to login to Mcafee site, no simple in program updater) and it also installed the useless Mcafee security center. The Anti-Spyware database also seemed somewhat limited. Either Giant or Ad-aware plus Se (paid version, which I am also using) would make a better choice for resident protection.

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Thanks for your help. Ill give that one a miss then. Its suprising as they are so good at making antiviruses.

4. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

I have noticed Mcafee trying to control things more and more. Installing there entire security center when you only have one program is very anoying. I view them to be simular to big companies like AOL who also try to control everything. At least Norton's security center only shows what you have and doesn't NAG you. I used to think Mcafee was a good company, but my views of them have went down the drain as did Nortons when they bought there zillionth company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.