mbam + comodo fw & d+.. do i still need an av?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by zakazak, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

I wouldn't be surprised. When I used it, it frequently froze and crashed both IE9 and different Chrome versions 13-15. I did a test a few days ago though it and it worked without crashing on both IE9 and Chrome 14.

2. zakazak

zakazak Registered Member

I now added the 2 .exe files that are running all the time to the exclusion list of mbam & comodo.. maybe this will help.

3. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Hi Zakazak

You seems an expert user so I think you can do with CIS full suite alone, no need of MBAM. Just up the security level of autosandbox from partial to the level which you find suitable for yourself. I am running CIS with defaults & never got infected.

I think however a product is developed to be compatible with other products, products like AV's with realtime will give problems time to time like slowdowns, hangups, etc if the products of the same nature are installed i.e 2 AV's with realtime protection. Any update/upgrade can bring slight/major compatibility prob.

Just what I think & have experienced few times.

Thanxx
    Naren

4. zakazak

mbam pro adds a lot of protection in my opinion.. It dedects many things which other security program's (for some reason) won't detect. Also I really like its web-protection (which also seems to block some IP's in IM's and P2P).

at the moment I#m more worried about trusteer rapport :p Which also seems to not work with firefox7

5. 1chaoticadult

Trusteer Rapport will not work with firefox 7 until they update to do so.

6. zakazak

Well I contacted the support.. the gave me some download link. i updated and now it works :)

7. 1chaoticadult

Good means they updated it to work.

8. zakazak

yep.. also did another 0-day malware test today with CIS & MBAM Pro:

~Links removed~

out of 52 files/links one .exe file could save itself to appdata/roaming and was cleaned with mbam quick scan.

Some files were sandboxed by comodo automatically and then sometimes removed by mbam. If mbam didn't dedect them, I let those files out of the sandbox to see if D+ would give any "real warnings".

I think thats quite a good result.. My realsystem adds NortonDNS + Trusteer Rapport (and some windows tweaks like applocker)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.