may i install paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Professional in virtual machine and build iso

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by mantra, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi

may i install Drive Backup 9.0 Professional and built a iso cd recovery?

i have true image 9 (an old version ) and i don't want conflicts

i want to try Drive Backup 9.0 Professional with the indipendent hardware recovery

thanks

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

If you plan to only use the iso recovery cd, then there wont' be any conflicts, except you can't run any schedules or mount archives. Unfortunately, backup softwares are notorious to conflict with each other. They share the same windows services and 'compete' for them - Volume Shadow Copy for one.

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Re: may i install paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Professional in virtual machine and build

thank you so much Tommy

how can i have only the recovery cd with the adpative (restore in a different )hardware

4. Paragon_Tommy

Depends on which adaptive restore we're really talking about.

If you are restoring to a different hardware but similar hard drives (IDE or SATA) then the "adjust OS" is sufficient. That feature is found in the Linux recovery disk under "Boot Corrector"

Now if you are migration operating systems to or fro raid controllers, you need Virtualization Manager.

http://www.paragon-software.com/registration/vms.html

5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Re: may i install paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Professional in virtual machine and build

thanks

i mean restore an image to a pc with different motherboard , cpu , video card and so on

6. Paragon_Tommy

The adjust OS found in the Linux/DOS cd should be enough. If not, the Virtualization Manager will give you the ability to load the new hardware drivers before or after you do the system restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.