Maxtor OneTouch button

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WalterBern, Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalterBern

WalterBern Registered Member

I have a Maxtor OneTouch III external drive. It is to store a True Image (9) primary backup of various (data) files. I also want to produce a new primary backup file (or perhaps a differential backup file for that primary file) by pushing Maxtor’s OneTouch front button. This Maxtor button can launch an application. For that I need the file and file path to generate the True Image backup function. How do I do it?

There has been much discussion about this on the Wilder Forum:
    1) https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=731576&postcount=4

2) https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=128864&highlight=Maxtor OneTouch

3)
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=145139

The latest I have seen is in above item 3, a response dated September 20, 2006 from Acronis Support “Re: Maxtor One Touch Button control of True Image Back Up”. This describes creating a shortcut for an Acronis True Image script file to a specified path terminating in a True Image script folder. My questions relate to this Acronis Support response:

As directed I tried to create a shortcut for the True Image script folder and changed the “Target” field of the shortcut all as directed by Acronis Support. That short cut now sits on my desktop but has not solved my problem. How do I make it work?

1) My True Image script folder is empty: Do I need to enter a script in this folder? If so what is the script that is to be entered?

2) Does the script directed by Support to be inserted in the target field have a space in two places as indicated below:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe” /script: “X:\Documents and Settings ……..
    Specifically, is there supposed to be a (single) space in the two areas marked in bold (at .exe” /script and at script: “X )?

3) My shortcut sits on the Desktop but what do I do with it? What file path do I enter in the Maxtor drive to correctly point to the short cut. More specifically what do I have to do to make True Image run a backup file in the Maxtor - when the OneTouch button is pushed?

Help would be appreciated. I am not a programmer or computer expert. Thanks.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Walter,

Did you create a scheduled task as detailed in this <previous reply>? Doing so should have created an appropriately named .tib.tis file in your "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\" folder. After that, try customizing the OneTouch button to run "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe" /script: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\SCRIPT_NAME.tib.tis" and yes, there is a single space before and after the /script: parameter.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.