Maxtor drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by maxoblivion, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxoblivion

maxoblivion Registered Member

Has anyone had any problems using TI with a Maxtor external drive such as the drive not being detected or TI hanging while it analyzes drives prior to a restore? I'm not currently using a Maxtor drive but might recommend one to my sister to use with TI.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I have a Maxtor 160Gb which I connect via an ide to usb adapter (it's not an enclosure) and TI ver 9 sees it fine.

3. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

I have two Maxtor One Touch III drives. No idea about life expectancy. The warranty stinks - anything under 50 years is insufficient in my opinion :)

External USB, no drivers needed, NTFS format as bought.
    No issues. No problems with TI v10. I use them for alternating backups. I've got a bunch of image files and every single one can be explored, files can be looked at or copied. I restored, as a test, twice, that worked well too.
    It goes without saying that the standard copy/paste method works fine.

Suggestions, which I've read here - give it time to spin up before any serious work, particularily access by using the recovery CD. Also name it something unique, so that when you use the CD method and the Linux drive letters are not the same as Windows, you will not get confused.

I did not unstall their Retrospect. And I do not use that backup button, in fact got it taped over. Some users here have a script tied to the button which sounds like a nice feature.

4. maxoblivion

maxoblivion Registered Member

Is yours a One Touch III also?

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

No, it isn't. I always buy my drives bare and if I want to put it in an enclosure I buy the enclosure separately. Saves a few dollars that way.

6. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

Well , I just fixed a problem in mine using the Maxtor II usb external yesterday with T 10 for 3RD time-should work for you too!
    :)

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello maxoblivion,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis True Image (any editions) supports USB (and IEEE-1394 (FireWire)) compliant storage devices even while booted from Bootable Rescue media. We do not expect any difficulties with this hard disk drive.

Should you experience a problem with your external USB hard drive when accessing from rescue mode, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. In addition, provide us with the exact vendor and model of the hard drive you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.