marking mail

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by driftalong, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driftalong

driftalong Registered Member

Hi all. I've just installed the trial version of NOD & I've noticed that NOD marks all incoming mail TWICE. Has anyone else experienced this, & if so, how do I correct it to mark the mail only once?
    TIA. :) o_O

2. sig

sig Registered Member

I seem to recall that a user mentioning this before here. Unfortunately I don't at the moment specifically recall why it was happening and the solution. It's probably in some old thread here.

Do you have something else prescanning the mail first, perhaps some antispam app? I think I recall that the mail was being scanned twice by NOD and that's why there were two statements that NOD had scanned the email. But again I can't recall what was going on that resulted in NOD scanning the mail twice.

Perhaps someone else knows right off and/or recalls the previous thread where this was discussed.

3. Buddel

Buddel Guest

I don't think this is a bug. At least in my case, I do understand why there are two statements, telling me that NOD32 has scanned my incoming emails. I get HTML emails, but my email client "refuses" to accept such emails, so I receive and read them as TXT emails. Consequently:

1 - NOD32 scans the incoming HTML email

2 - NOD32 scans the incoming HTML email which I open and read as a TXT email.

4. driftalong

Thanx a lot guys, pointed me in the right direction. I had shut down NAV's email scanning & because of your tips, realised that my Norton Internet Security also scans for spam. I have just switched that off, sent myself a mail & all is now good.
    So, NOD must first scan it, then NIS, then NOD must scan it again after that??
    Not to worry though, I'm a happy little banana now. :D :D :D :D

5. Buddel

Buddel Guest

It's not a good idea to use two anti-virus programs simultaneously (on access). :doubt:

6. driftalong

yep, no worries, I de-activated NAV B4 I installed NOD. NIS is the firewall, parental control etc. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.