Manjaro Mate Community Edition:

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by apathy, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I've liked Manjaro's XFCE/KDE renditions for some time. Archlinux was not always my cup of tea as I couldn't find many of the apps that I use on a daily basis, that has changed. Between the repository and the community packages it has everything I need and also bleeding edge versions.

Manjaro's MATE has the mint menu with all the trimmings
    , here's the info:

“Community Editions” of Manjaro Linux are released as bonus flavours in addition to those officially supported and maintained by the Manjaro Team, provided that the time and resources necessary are available to do so.

Due to popular demand from members of the Manjaro community, this now includes a special new release of the MATE flavour for both 32 and 64-bit systems.

Subject to a complete overhaul, this version also provides early access to some brand new features yet to be seen in the upcoming official Manjaro 0.8.4 releases:

New graphical boot screen
    Kernel version 3.7 replaces 3.4 as the default (with improved flash support)
    Manjaro Exclusive: Pamac – a user user-friendly graphical interface to easily update the system and manage software – replaces Kalu, Package Browser, and the Pacman-GUI.

The MATE flavour itself also has a few new features and surprises of its own:

A new-look desktop that utilises the popular Mint-Menu
    Full access to the Arch User Repository is pre-installed
    Full multimedia support is pre-installed

And finally, some notable fixes and improvements have also been undertaken:

Default Home folders (Downloads, Pictures, etc.) are now automatically provided
    The full range of logout options are now available (e.g. shutdown, reboot, etc.)
    Lock Screen has been enabled
    Hibernation has been enabled

In short, this release provides the most fully featured and comprehensive MATE experience yet on the Manjaro system!

MATE084-Community.jpg

2. zorro zorrito

zorro zorrito Registered Member

It sounds so good! I like so much Manjaro that I use it for every day work and I have it installed in my desk pc and laptop, I can do every thing with it and I have never used a better distro than this. I've used before so many distros that when I found this one I said "This is the one for me".:D

3. Manjaro is really good. Very much like :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.