Manager

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by amirsani, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amirsani

amirsani Registered Member

How can i create image under Dos mode?

How can i create image under Dos mode?
    Please help me.

ctcir@hotmail.com

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Re: How can i create image under Dos mode?

Hello amirsani,

Simple - use Symantec's Ghost!! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if you mean how can you create an Acronis image outside Windows then you will first need to create the "Full" Acronis bootable rescue CD. This is Linux based and loads a standalone version of Acronis True Image. After booting from the rescue CD you should then be able to create an image to to either an internal or external hard drive/CD recorder. Note, however, that you will not be able to create an image direct to DVD.

If, after booting from the Full version of the rescue CD True Image is unable to detect the hardware necessary to create the image, then make a "Safe" version of the bootable rescue CD and try that. The Safe version uses a combination of DOS and your motherboard's BIOS routines to access the hardware. Depending on the make and model of computer, the Safe rescue CD may well work o.k.

If the above information is not what you were looking for then please explain in more detail what Operating System you have, current drive/partition layout, source and destination for the image, Version/Build Number of True Image and precisely what the problem is.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.