Man You guy's are incredible...

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by NetTraveler, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NetTraveler

NetTraveler Registered Member

:) Well Wildman, I understand your point of view, and thanx for your welcome.. :)
    To answer your last question.. No I'm not concerned about what other people are doing.. Everyone should know it for himself. I got irritated with answer that didn't make sence to me and bunch of unfriendly reactions. That's all. Further, I really did go trough almost all pages in Ten Forward, and saw threads that infriged security more than my question but nobody said anything about it.. So I thought I'm dealing with double standards, and got bit pissed off.. I'm sure anybody in my situation would feel pretty much the same.. I hope that will clear lot of missunderstanding.. :)

Yepp.. :D I got me a great present from Santa.. Now I'm wondering what I'll get for Christmas.. :D BTW I like your attachements.. :)

Hehehe... Oscar Wilde... ;) So you decided to remain silent... Good thinking.. :D

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, this thread is going round and round in circles and getting no where. A few posts have now been removed.

1. Yes!! PMs are PRIVATE messages and should not be posted!

2. Nasty and/or personally targeted remarks were also removed.

General advise to everyone regarding PMs... If someone is sending you Private Messages and you don't want them to, simply add that person's member name to your ignore list.

The "Ignore List" as managed from here in the User CP also handles incoming PMs. If you add someone to your ignore list, not only will their posts be masked to you, but their PMs will never reach you, as well. When someone you've Ignored sends you a PM, you won't receive it. It works very well.

Oh, and if you don't want to Ignore someone because you are worried that you'll miss something you might actually want to see that they've posted... Don't. What happens is their posts are still there, just the contents are removed. But, there will be a link that says "View Post" which will let you see what they posted. It's the 'best of both worlds'. Their posts are normally blank, but if you are curious, they can be seen without having to un-ignore the person.

NetTraveler, other than my post here closing this topic, I'll leave you with the last word in the post above, otherwise let's move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.