Man faces criminal charges for reading wife's e-mail

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Malcontent, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I couldn't understand if it was the wife who started this legal action against him? At the link you provide, this is mentioned

They also make mention to

Does this mean she was the one who started this legal process? I ask, because I wonder if some "enterprising justice-seeking prosecutors" would do it on their own behalf?
    (They had to discover this, somehow. It makes sense for the wife to have started it.)

Anyway, this for sure will teach a lesson to the fourth husband... :D

3. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

"It so happens, the paper said, that having gleaned her password from a book his wife kept next to her laptop, Walker learned she was having an affair with her previous husband."

"However, the Oakland County prosecutor, Jessica Cooper, believes Leon Walker is simply a cyberthief.
    She told the Free Press: "The guy is a hacker. It was password protected, he had wonderful skills and was highly trained. Then he downloaded them and used them in a very contentious way."

Be aware, dear Wilders members that apparantly anyone who can read is;
    A: a person with wonderful skills
    B: highly trained
    C: a potential hacker

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

That women is total FAIL and pathetic. She got caught cheating (If i understand correctly) and now she sues his husband? :thumbd: :mad:

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Geez, not to bright. Have an affair, and have emails in an account on your computer at home.

6. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

Don't forget she left her email password written down in a notebook next to the computer.

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

It was always my understanding that if you used a company's machine at your place of work to send email your employer could read the email as the network and machines were their property. Yet this man is arrested for reading email on a computer that I assume was in his own home? They used to arrest people for adultery. My how society had advanced. o_O

8. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

It is amazing that she was the one cheating on him yet he was the one arrested.

9. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Well one this is for sure, it clearly supports the reasoning behind not writing down your password anywhere or using a password that can be gleaned from a book kept near by. LOL

10. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Sad story...:'(

11. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

Prosecutor: Charges over wife's e-mail appropriate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.