Malwarebytes or CounterSpy v3 ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jean Marc, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

Not Manager - MD and own 99%

Any you are?

mending PCs in a shop?

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

who cares what you do, or say you do or own.

on here, your just another Schmuck posting. :argh:

3. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

Heard you the first time;)

4. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

As virtumonde said, stop feeding the troll.
    This guy degrades Wilder's, degrades computer repair people, and he'll keep on degrading. Our replies don't do a thing.

5. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

You are talking in a disgusting way about people earning in a decent way their daily living. Bah! :thumbd::thumbd::thumbd:

6. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

y exactly do we need to go down to personal attacks? im pretty sure your a bit more mature than that. looks like this thread will be closed soon enough, or a few posts will be deleted.

7. Perman

Perman Registered Member

I am surprised to hear these from you, What wrong by mending PCs in a shop ?

Mind you, how often DO you hear a real millionaire telling people in public what REALLY he/she IS ?

To me, MD ( surely is not that M.D.), or 99% is just title or number.
    Their REAL values are varied with WHAT you really are. Very disappointed at what have come out of your month, from a multi-euro dollars MD ? :rolleyes:

8. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

I smell "Mele". :D

The whole thread has most everyone agreeing MBAM is a useful product.

Max - With due respect, let's stop the degrading and move on. :thumb:

9. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

me too, i got that feeling too. :doubt:

10. Zimzi

Zimzi Registered Member

I think it can be very usefull to give us one example of malware that MBAM can detect which others antimalware (A2, Avira, Kaspersky etc.) cannot?

Btw, I totaly agree with Max. Some times ago I tried to point on the same problem with SAS but I was quickly overvoted here on Wilders because then SAS was "supernew technology which is #1 in detecting zeroday malware" software as MBAM "is" today.

IMHO, with all respect to Wilders Security Forums, at the moment here on Wilders MBAM is as Mr.Popular as SAS used to be.

11. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

Check the thread and lets see who started the "personal attacks" and insulting personal comments. Go on, take a look. I believe you will find it was you in response to my polite, informed inital post that MBAM did not detect as many nasties as CS - which is a fact and not open to debate.

If you actually calm down and take a look at what I said in my original posts, you will see I made an informed and non aggressive comment and you started the personal attacks.

Later on, you will see someone told me I did not know what a vendor was:

In responce to this rather laughable, misinformed and arrogant comment, I felt justified in pointing out that I probably had a better idea of what a vendor was than him as I ran a business which is essentally concerned with vendor management.

I couldnt care how much money anyone has and if you take time to check, you will see it was the usual members here that brought the subject up and said I was bullshitting - again, another example of personalising the discusion. Since it was raised as an issue and several members here had ststed they work removing malware from peoples PCs, what is the problem with me mentioning it?

There is group of people at Wilders who have no interest in discussing issues that may challenge their beliefs and they resort to childish tactics of personal abuse or ignoring facts - and Wilders is a significantly worse place for it.

wilders is getting a reputation as a biased showcase for a few products and being populated by the unexperienced and shills.

All very sad.

MZ

12. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Mr:

Your comments as such has made me very very angry.

Why on earth you dare to do this? do you often do this to get(?) your multi-million euro contract ?

Let me make it very clear to you right here, you either to leave here once for all, or we will petition your disgraceful departure.

We, majority of Wilders members DO NOT deserve this sort of amusement come from you; MD, and 99% ownership of some sort of penny-stock venture.

Get your acts right and straight. Sadly advised.

13. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

"We" - who do you think you are?

Penny stock venture - more personal insults and no comment relevant to the thread.

You are a perfect example of what Im talking about.

MZ

14. Fly

Fly Registered Member

True, but it's basically a precaution. Many people could run this along with another (antivirus) real-time scanner, but it may also cause problems.

Since Sunbelt Software is now pushing VIPRE instead of Counterspy, they want to avoid many support calls/emails. I don't know the latest version, but in a very early version of Counterspy 3 there was no such warning. After people complained about problems, Sunbelt suggested that people disable the 'on-access' scanner. In a later version I noticed the suggestion about disabling 'active protection'.

15. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Maybe this should be about these two products, not about people :)

16. RubbeR DuckY

RubbeR DuckY Developer

This is getting out of hand. The user asked a question, Malwarebytes vs CounterSpy. Max has answered with his own opinion, which was CounterSpy. Great, move on your way, you have answered the users' question. Some of you answered Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, great, move on your way as well.

280,000 fingerprints in our database is probably equivalent to millions in another. Our fingerprints are SMART, not high in quantity. With one fingerprint we can catch an entire infection, so unless you built the tool, please do not insult its capabilities.

Max, I appreciate your comments, I really do. The reality is, I have passed it on to every member of our team. They have vowed to put in an hour extra each day (additionally to most of their 15 hour work days) just to prove you wrong. Keep on encouraging us, we thrive on hate and the ability to prove people wrong!

17. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Perman, leave me out of this.

I don't agree with Max's opinion but show a little respect for a dissenter.

No problems so far with my current setup (see signature) :cool:

18. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

Woot got to love a testing challenge:cool:

How about go hose your VM with any infection that has the TDSS rootkit AKA CLB driver in its payload......an expert on current malware testing should have no problem in finding live sources as its being punted by a large percentage of fake codec installs currently along with the other zlob/fake alert muck.... but if needed I will be more then happy to provide source urls or dropper for the infections to assist you.

Suggest you use an ARK tool such as GMER/RootRepeal/RootKit UnHooker or IceSword to copy the CLB driver to a holding folder on the root of C and rename it to "malware.sys" as you do.

Upload to Virustotal to confirm static file recognition of malware.sys Hopefully Avira(almost certainly) and a2 will flag it for what it is....

Next up run in depth scans with both softwares(checking the relevent scan box's for deep scan/anti rootkit etc where relevent.

Should be interesting to see your outlook on the results from a detection and removal standpoint;)

19. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

As the original question has been answered, and much (too much, actually) has been stated on both sides of the debate, we'll close this thread now. (It is another good example though of how threads can go wrong.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.