Malwarebytes' 14 day trail program

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by RCGuy, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Malwarbytes' 14 day trail for it's full program. Is it anything like Emsisoft Anti-Malware program?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Emsisoft Anti-Malware includes AM engine, full AV engine, behaviour blocker, and surf protection.
    Malwarebytes includes AM engine, IP protection.

Not similar I'd say. Never tried the 14 day trial.

4. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I'd say MBAM is something you'd run alongside a simple AV such as Microsoft Security Essentials.

In my opinion, Emsisoft's program is if you want a complete package, running it on its own, nothing more.

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

6. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

Mbam isn't heavy on a system. Yes the new versions they offer you a period to test it. I think they shouldve done this earlier because people used it to clean they're computers after infections and then put it aside. Now they can leave it running as protection in the trail period. I'm a pro user. Its very good with rogue products like these fake avs and stuff.

7. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

I have to agree with you there..But I dont know about emsisoft program as being complete or not but I know its heavy enough and better not to run anything while running this thing..:argh:

8. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

strange, i seem to have run things fine with it running.:doubt:

9. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

Re: Malwarebytes' 14 day trial program

I've used the full version of Malwarebytes Pro for years now. Very light and worthwhile. Bought 3 licences.

TBH, Malwarebytes Pro has been more useful than the traditional AVs I've used.

The fileguard is very important, as it will catch trojan processes starting even for a lot of zero-day stuff. On other machines I've seen it catch autorun worms attempting to start, or when trojan processes that you've manually deactivated try to come back - which usually suggests a rootkit (e.g. TDL3). There are better ways to go about cleaning of course when you've got the machine in front of you.

The IP blocker does it's job. Mostly ClearCloudDNS or my HOSTS (MVPS/MalwareDomainList) catches sites, such as when Google Images was infested a few months back, but it catches many that they miss. It doesn't usually help with new sites listed on malwaredomainlist or malc0de. You'll want to turn off the IP blocker notification if you use P2P software.

I don't think the Flash scan is overly useful for me, as the QUICK scan doesn't take much more time to finish. I set MBAM to update continually over the day, as each update could be critical IMO. I have it do a few silent quick scans as well, and rarely even notice them running.

I run it on my netbook and find it quite fast, so easily fine for a laptop or desktop PC. Avast had some interactions with MBAM in some earlier program versions, but Avira always worked well with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.