Malware

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ASpace, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASpace

ASpace Guest

There is a spyware/trojan pretending to be Microsoft's Safety Online scanner . Actually at the moment I can't recall its name but I'd like to know if NOD32 detects it

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

where did u spotted it?

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , in many places - in a clients' computers , in user of another forum where I participate . It is connected to a file dcomcfg.exe

And I knew its name but unfortunately I just can't recall it today. I am not sure if NOD32 detects it and that's why I wanted to know .

However , I asked the user in the other forum to submit it to Virus Total so I hope he does it so ESET receive it :)

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

hope that too. :)
    Keep us up with the details.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Will do :D

6. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I do know SpyFalcon but I don't think this is SpyFalcon , NO , I am sure it isn't SpyFalcon . This is silent , no signs in the system tray . There are icons in the Start Menu , as well . I promise I'll chech these days and if the guy from the other forum , for who I was talking about , hadn't sent it , I will do it instead of him . :D

8. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    It sounds like one of the Smitfraud variants....there are several, of which SpySheriff and SpyFalcon are included.

Best removed using latest version of Smitrem.

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , it isn't ,guys . I know it . I guess the file was submitted to Virus Total already but I am sure it isn't Smithfraud . May be in Wednesday I will touch it myself and will again submit it to Vurs Total just to see the d**e name and ,of course , to make sure it is detected . I know Spybot S&D kills it but I wanted to make sure NOD32 also eliminates it ,but it isn't Smithfraud variant :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.