Malware or False Positives?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by nineine, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nineine

nineine Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I was hoping some people on the forum could check some files for me to see if they are malware or false positives? These were originally detected by avg free on a family members computer along with 15 other possible malware i believe. I then tried a scan using avira and it found a total of 21 malware. 11 of these malware the same as what avg detected and the rest were new detections. 4 files that avg detected were not detected by avira. Then i tried a scan with gdata and it also detected 21 files. 19 of these were the same as what avira caught and 2 of them were ones that avg caught. Now I have determined that the 2 files which gdata found that avira couldnt find indeed are malware files based on where i got them from and gdatas detection. So now I have a set of 4 files which I want to find out if they are false positives or malware. avg detected all four of these, avira detected 2 of them and gdata didnt find any of the 4.

I have added the files to .zip and uploaded them. If someone could please take a look that would be great. Here is the link: ~ Removed Link to Possible Malware as per Policy ~

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2009
  2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Re: Malware or Fasle Positives?

nineine, it's against policy to place links to posssible malware and I had no choice but to remove your link.

Perhaps a review of this Wilders thread If you are currently infected might be in order.

JR

3. simisg

simisg Registered Member

try prevx and microsoft security essentials less false positives.... if these two says a file is malware propably it is.... for disinfection try hitman pro

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

You could also upload the suspicious files to VirusTotal and see what results the scanners used on that site offer up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.