Malware Defender problem? Xiaolin?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Roberteyewhy, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roberteyewhy

Roberteyewhy Registered Member

Installed in Vista Ultimate 32. The icon in systray becomes visible on startup but takes a long time to load.

Dual boot with Windows 7. Win7 MD is accessible instantly.

Exactly the same setup and apps but obviously different OS.

Vista is a restored image (OS and Office only) from True Image. Win7 clean install.

Another question. If I create a new Application group then set rules for it, is ALL applications I put into that group now have to abide by that group(s) attributes (global policy)? Or do I have to configure every app(s) rules that I put into that group?

Thanks,
    Robert

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Umm, ill be the first to say maybe because vista sucks and 7 rocks?

3. xiaolin

xiaolin Registered Member

Hi Robert,

It may take a long time if there is heavy disk access by other programs when MD is loading. But the protections are worked before logon.

The members of application group have their own permission settings, and have higher priority than the permission settings in group. Only if the permission of group member is "Ignore", the permission of group will be used.

Thanks,
    Xiaolin

4. Roberteyewhy

OK on the startup delay with Vista. As long as protection is being applied before login.

On the Group and the apps contained within it, I figured out that with all rules at "Ignore" for the apps, the Group rules will be enforced. Well done again!

Thanks, xiaolin.:thumb:

Robert

P.S. Will be purchasing this now as I am impressed.

5. Roberteyewhy

Whoa, xiaolin. 128 characters in the registration code.:argh: Fitting considering the product!

Robert

6. Roberteyewhy

Solved the Vista problem. Seems that the HP CUE service hangs on every startup which in turns prevents MD from being accessible for over a minute. Have now put it to 'Manual' in services.mmc and now MD become available instantly.

HP CUE service is installed with the software from HP for my All-In-One printer.

With Win7, it has the drivers already. Probably why no delay like in Vista.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.