Majorgeeks has Ff 22 out!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Re: Mejorgeeks has Ff 22 out!

Thank you for this - I'm still a relative Mozilla newbie although I was an IE MVP.

2. siljaline

Best guess a visual element went south for a few minutes. Keep an eye on it (no pun intended) as latter Fx releases have been somewhat buggy.

3. niki

niki Registered Member

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/06/24/firefox-22-0-find-out-what-is-new/

4. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

5. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Thank you for this as the toolbars were bigger than my house and it was driving me crazy!

6. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Anyone who knows more about this?

7. niki

niki Registered Member

You're welcome! Same here, it drove me crazy as well. In addition the fonts in the tabs, address bar, dropdown Firefox menu bar and the bookmarks were much smaller than before. Found an extension for that. Theme Font & Size Changer: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/?src=ss Now all is back to *normal*. Sigh... wondering now what's in store for the next Fx updates in the future.

8. ratchet

That was one of my enabled extensions along with NoSquint. I wrongly assumed they weren't compatible with "22" and immediately disabled them with no positive results. I also had the other symptoms until I enabled them again. Thank you again!

9. niki

niki Registered Member

@ratchet

The probable cause for it to show all fonts so huge is that the font I enlarged in Windows' Win 7 to 125% instead of 100 % (normal) ages ago? Not everyone who updated to Fx v 22.0 had the same problem. At least that's something I read about in MozillaZine. Hopefully some of us Fx 22 users can confirm the above?

Any chance that you have Windows Font also set at 125 or 150%?

PS: Yep, I've got NoSquint as well for my old eyes.

10. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

11. ratchet

Nice find, as indeed it is set at 150%! My NoSquint settings are per site. I like large text too.

12. niki

niki Registered Member

I assume that must be the reason why the fonts got so huge after the update to v 22.0 Somehow Mozilla must have received complaints that their fonts were too small or perhaps a bug, who knows.... ?

My NoSquint settings are also set per site.

13. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

14. siljaline

15. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Welcome to Firefox, the little browser that could, but just gets awful tired doing it at times and has to lay down for a nap (crashes and hangs) :D

On a more serious note, Disconnect can and often does cause hanging to occur and general slowness on page loads. But DoNotTrackMe can do the same thing. I'm using AdBlock Edge over ABP, so I can't comment on what that addon may or may not be causing. PluginContainer might be causing it, if you're running Flash or anything at the time.

16. siljaline

Noted on Disconnet.

17. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

I tried it but went back to 21 on one laptop and 20 on another. I have 3 addons--ShowIP, Adblock Plus and Default Full Zoom Level. ShowIP and Adblock Plus didn't work when I upgraded. I will try 23 when it comes out. My use of Firefox is for a select list of whitelisted sites including Google, eBay, my web host and my insurance company. I know their IP addresses and ShowIP is part of my security as is Adblock Plus. 21 worked fine but 22 seems a bit rough.

18. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

19. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

20. guest

guest Guest

I have left all these problems behind by just using "Palemoon":thumb:

21. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

I used the automatic update to upgrade to 22. From now on, I will use the full installer. I've discovered that I can downgrade as well as upgrade with the full installer and not loose my settings. Very nice if there is a problem.

I've had problems with ShowIP after other upgrades of Firefox and Seamonkey which have sorted themselves out after a while. I'm so used to ShowIP showing the IP of the websites I'm doing business with that I won't upgrade if it doesn't work. Adblock plus is also important but not as much as ShowIP. It is due to these useful addons that I use Firefox as my main browser for doing business--actual money transactions. Seamonkey is my secondary browser for this but Firefox is simpler and faster. I use other browsers for casual surfing, Youtube, reading the New York times and whatever else I do on the web.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.