Major Snap Deploy Probs

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Unrealism, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unrealism

Unrealism Registered Member

okay so in theory the software shows it pushs the images out, also that it created a image just fine. Only problem is, even if I back up a original computer before I reload / deploy anything it still gives me a blue screen when loading windows 2000 professional. It says "Inaccessible Device" I have checked everything out, I even loaded windows 2000 professional back up made a image, backed it up!! Nuked the same machine, and pushed that image back to it and I get the error!! Any ideaso_O

Thanks,
    Don

Ps. I am on a Trial version and I like the software except so far I am not convienced it is worth my purchase since it isnt working properly!

2. nnhood

nnhood Registered Member

Unrealism,

I had the same problem using Powerquest Deploy Center 5.5, I had imaged 5 Dells at the same time and every one of them said Inaccesible Boot Device.

I believe that I ended up doing disk to disk using either Acronis True Image 8.0 or 9.0 and it worked fine. I don't know what exactly the problem was, but I'm thinking it was something with Win 2000. Cause over the summer I had imaged about 30 new dells all at once in the library and they were perfect. They were running Win Xp though... so I feel your pain... but I don't know what the deal is there.

Matt

3. Unrealism

Unrealism Registered Member

Yea I thought about the TrueImage deal, all I have licensed though is a Home Edition. Does the Enterprise work kinda like the Snap Deploy by casting out the images to the Workstations??

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Unrealism,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Could you please reproduce this situation once again? Please create two reports using Acronis System Report utility. Please run this utility and create a bootable floppy. After that please boot the working Windows 2000 from this diskette and wait for the report creation to complete. Then please deploy the image and create the second report.

Please send these reports to our Support Team along with the link to this thread.

As for the Acronis True Image Enterprise Server product it doesn't allow to deploy images over the network and also it doesn't have a built-in PXE server. This is the product for backing up servers and workstations (Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation is used for workstations). However, the PXE server may be added to this product in the future version in order to allow the remote restore of system partition.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

5. DeployDude

DeployDude Guest

You need to run the Microsoft Sysprep utility on the image prior to making the master image. When you run it, check the fist 2 boxes, then click Reseal. After it shuts down, make a master image of it and viola!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.