major dissappointment with ess 305630

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by paleskin, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paleskin

paleskin Registered Member

I often downloaded games via trymedia vault networks using their own custom downloader programs, when I still use kaspersky internet security, kis warns me about win32 adware trymedia, and gave these following choices to choose from : delete, quarantine, add to the trusted zone, in this case I always choose to add to the trusted zone, because I can live with it, and it's also the only way I could download the games.
    After I uninstall KIS and decide to install ESS, ESS also gives about win32 adware trymedia, and gives these folowing choices to choose from : delete, quarantine, leave
    I clicked leave, and the msg is gone for several minutes, but show up again and again and again, it keeps pestering me the whole day
    When I decided to reboot, I found that ESS automatically delete the trymedia downloader program, and put it in quarantine
    Should I revert back to kis ?

2. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Why the disappointment? 3.0.563 has done its job and removed Spyware from your PC. If you are happy that Trymedia are getting information on you then that is your choice.

TBH I would look for another website to get your games.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume disabling adware would help, but I would never do it personally.

4. paleskin

paleskin Registered Member

well, why must I not dissappointed ? games that I bought with my own money gets deleted suddenly, without authorizations, I need an internet security who obey me, not a warden for my machine :D

5. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Me I like to remove adware but if you want to keep it, you could add the program to the exclussion list......

6. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

why bother installing any internet security applications at all if you knowingly like to instal spyware?:D

7. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

:D ;) :) :D ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.