Mail/filters, etc.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SG1, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Read letter to Ed. in new PC World today; guy wrote in that "perfect spam filter or program" would be one wherein you enter addresses of whomever, and you'd get mail from those people, period. All else is then considered spam, and deleted; never see it or deal with it (which is annoying part of several programs that I've tried or have bought), imo.
    If it's spam, don't show it to me, or waste my time with it, as the spam far outweighs e-mail from those whom I wish to hear from.
    Our orig. e-mail address got on spammers' lists, but friends had it too; so, I kept it "for the spammers" and to use for anything I have to sign up for, if e-mail address is required... in event that the site I sign up with, "shares my addy with affiliate/partners."
    Then, got other addys, that went *only* to certain people, period; but, a shame that we have to do any of that to fend off dipstick spammers who think my mailbox is for their convenience. Geeze, what gall.
    And (as a further personal preference), I also don't like mail filters that put spam in certain folder on your system: I don't want it on this PC, at all. Perhaps it's not dangerous, in so doing, but spam is spam...

So... any program out there now, that actually does the above/as described, in 1st paragraph?
    SG1 (Pat)

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

3. JayK

JayK Poster

What you need is a email client that supports selective download and filtering by headers. Quite a few do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.