Macfee Spamkiller 6

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by shyam, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shyam

shyam Registered Member

Hello Techsupport,

Can anyone know how to remove manually Macfee Spamkiller 6 ?

I am having an issue with McAfee SpamKiller. (I have McAfee VirusScan as my anti-virus tool). I purchased SpamKiller online from McAfee in December. It was working OK, then somehow became corrupted. I uninstalled it and went to McAfee's Web site to re-install it and have had problems ever since. It won't install.

I've chatted online with 8 different techs, none of whom solved my problem. I have closed all other applications and turned off pop-up blockers while downloading, cleared cookies and temp. files. It seems to download OK, but when it gets to installation, I get a little window that says "An error during installation," and it tells me to re-boot and try again. (Of course, it doesn't tell me what the error is!) I've re-booted and tried so many times, I can't remember. The same thing happens.

I even decided I'd use their pay-per-call; when I called the number, I got a recorded message that the telephone number is invalid! I'm going bonkers with this.... :( If anyone have time, can you make a suggestion or two of what I can do to solve this? I know you all are so busy, and I wouldn't bother any one of you, but just don't know where else to turn..

Thanks in advance.
    Shyam

2. dread

dread Registered Member

3. shyam

shyam Registered Member

Thanks Dread !

As mentioned earlier, I have chatted with them.. In a single word, supports are pathetic. :oops: :oops:

Thanks !
    Shyam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.