LSASS Problem

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by yilin87, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yilin87

yilin87 Registered Member

i have a problem in my computer. i am using windows XP. Everytime after i log on to the internet,
    an error message will come out within a minute or so. The message is 'LSA Shell (Export Version) has encountered a problem and needs to close.' The error file contain
    D:\DOCUME~1\CHENYI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1D.tmp.dir00\lsass.exe.mdmp
    D:\DOCUME~1\CHENYI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1D.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

Whether i sent the error or not send the error, it is useless. After another mins or so, a messsage wil come out again saying that my computer will auto shutup in a minute time. due to e NT authority\system. how!! help!! o_O :'(

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

To abort the shut down do the following:

Click on "Start"
    Click on "Run"
    Type in: shutdown -a
    Click on "OK"

Are you using Nod32 Anti-virus? If so, see the following thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37783

If not, then your problem will be related to what Snapdragin is talking about...

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

In addition to the above, you need to make sure you've got your system up to date with patches from Microsoft Windows Update, but if you are being knocked off the Internet shortly after connecting because of worm traffic hitting your system, then a software firewall or router would prevent that.

In fact, on Windows XP there's even a built in firewall that would help. You can enable it by disconnecting from the Internet. Go into "Control Panel" > "Network Connections" > select your Internet connection & right-click on it > choose "Properties" > "Advanced" tab > put a checkmark in the "Internet Connection Firewall" box > OK. Reconnect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.