Lost TDS3 in e-mail attack

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by MercyMe, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MercyMe

MercyMe Guest

I lost a driver in a e-mail attack. How is that going to effect my downloading TDS3 again? It is ATI 3D Rage (ati__ded) driver and I have not been able to locate a web site for one yet.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi MercyMe, A graphics driver should not affect the download or install assuming you are able to access the net at a low resolution, some sites may require 800 x 600
    Have you tried : http://www.driverforum.com/video3/757.html

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi MM, is the driver not somewhere on your install cd-roms/diskettes?
    Losing a driver in an infected email is rather euhmmm unusual, are you sure it is really lost?
    Try to locate it with Start > Find > type the driver name and see if it is there anywhere, and on the install cd's if you don'tr find it yet before you go searching on internet for it.
    If you have to, paste that name in your google search engine and see if you find the right one, download and put it where it should be.
    Just pasted that driver name in the google just as said,
    and found this page
    http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
    You select your win98 and the kind of driver and driver name (there are several different kinds for that RAGE so you have to select yours and all the rest will go as described before.
    But first make sure you need it.

4. MercyMe

MercyMe Guest

I lost my driver, and I lost my entire backup system. No back up disks would work because there was no unit to send it to. I had to find a driver at Drivers Headquartes on line. after downloading I had to recreate a back up system with the 98 CD.

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Sorry to hear that MercyMe, You can download the trial version &, if you do not have your old key, DCS will send another to your original sign up email address, just drop them an email.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hope you're up and running again now. Could those helpfull people from the other time help you to get something back from the last time or did you have to struggle all on your own?

7. MercyMe

MercyMe Guest

My daughter helped me on a 5 hour long distant phone call, but she built her computer and she programs Lynex. She is not familiar with Windows 98Se. I will have to get a new computer, I bought my "True Blue" in 1995. I guess it is time. :rolleyes:

8. Judith

Judith Guest

Jooskie
    I found a driver that I downloaded incorrectly, can you tell me how to remove it, what I may expect, and how to find it? I saw that in system information.

9. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Judith, This is the TDS3 support forum :D

Having sid that, open control panel, system, hardware, device manager, find display adaptors, open and right click the display name. With XP you can select Uininstall the driver or you may also have the option to roll back ro a previous version.

Please address any further questions concerning your hardware to the relevent manufacturer or supplier for updates and installation methods.

Thank you. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.