Lost all e-mail clients and web browsers

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Paul_E, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_E

Paul_E Registered Member

Having read the suggestion that after uninstalling NOD32 all of the Eset folders should be deleted prior to reinstalling, I am now left with no e-mail clients or web browsers listed so its impossible to tick the checkboxes..
    Tried a reinstall followed by a repair, but the sections still remain blank.
    Any suggestions?

Paul

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If after executing your browsers and\or e-mail clients they do not show up, you can manually add the executable for those programs.

Follow the below links of the tutorial for adding items:
    * E-mail clients

* Web browsers

Bubba

3. Paul_E

Paul_E Registered Member

e-mail clients & web browser data missing

In advanced mode under e-mail clients & web browser there is a window that populates itself with any programme that you use to access the internet or send e-mails.
    I have just reinstalled Eset AV v3 after trying another AV and now this window remains blank. As a result I can't check the relevant boxes to ensure the data transfer is properly checked as they don't exist. I have followed vearious recomendations on here for doing a clean install, also have a registry remover from Eset but still this remains blank. I have posed the question to Eset but I am still waiting for a response. This very same issue happened about a year ago and someone from Eset UK talked me through a procedure, which actually worked but I don't remember what it was now. Has anyone else experienced this and knows the cure?
    Operating system is XP Pro.

Paul

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re: e-mail clients & web browser data missing

Try reverting all settings to defaults to see if it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.