Losing Windows System Restore Points

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kloppkg, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kloppkg

kloppkg Registered Member

Every time I run Acronis Create Image (V.:cool:, build 786) all of my Windows System Restore points are gone after it completes. Is any one else having this problem. I have stopped sending anything to Acronis support as I never receive an answer.
    My computer is a Dell XPS Gen 3 with 2 250GB Sata hard drives (No Raid).

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. kloppkg

I do not know what you mean about Request #. I sent the Emails from Outlook Express, The first one on 12/13/2004, about a different problem.

4. Acronis Support

Hello kloppkg,

After you sent the letter to support@acronis.com you should get an autoreply which contained your Acronis request #. If you didn't get it please send me a private message with your e-mail address from which you contacted Acronis Support Team.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. kloppkg

I received no response from Acronis at all for Email's I sent on 12/13/2004, 12/18/2004 & 12/30/2004. These were all related to other problems, mot this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2005
  6. Acronis Support

Hello kloppkg,

First of all, please do not show your private e-mail address on public forum. I will delete it from your post.

I have found your letters and Marina Chernikova answered you at January 3. If you haven't recieved an answer please check your spam filters. She will contact you again soon.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. kloppkg

I have my spam detector turned off and I do not use Email filters. The only way I would not receive any Email's to this account is if Verizon has Acronis on there BLACKLIST which I have no control over.

8. Acronis Support

Hello kloppkg,

Thank you for taking your time to contact us and for your cooperation.

Actually, we do know about the email problem regarding the email addresses on Verizon servers. But there are some emails on Verizon that we can contact and there is no problem with them. We recommend you to use another email account in order to contact support@acronis.com in the future or to contact Verizon support and let them know about this problem with support@acronis.com.

As for the problem with Windows System Restore Points. We have received only one mesage reporting this problem (it was ten months ago and regarding Acronis True Image 7.0 build 584).

First of all, please update your version of Acronis True Image to the latest build which is available at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. In order to get access to updates you should first register your copy of the product at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/.

We don't think that Acronis True Image could cause this.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

9. earther

earther Registered Member

After reading this post, I checked my restore points and would like to report that I also have lost some. The ones prior to my first image (in Acronis Secure Zone) are completely gone. Then I learned that I didn't need the Secure Zone on an external backup and deleted it. Now that I am backing up to a regular partition it seems that I have not lost any restore points. I will report the result the next time I do a complete backup.

10. Acronis Support

Hello eartjer,

Thank you for your input.

Please check if you use the latest build too.

This would be extremely helpful if you report back after creating a new full backup.

kloppkg, could you please clarify where you store your image archives? Is it in Acronis Secure Zone or somewhere else?

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

11. earther

I am using TI8 build 786. I don't know when I will be able to get the latest build as I am on dialup so have to rely on someone with a high-speed connection to do the download. In any case, I will report if any restore points are lost when I do the next full backup. I'll try to get to it later today. earther

12. earther

OK, I just did a complete image backup and my restore points were not deleted. However, I checked the date that I deleted the Acronis Secure Zone (Jan.12) and all restore points before that are gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.