LookNstop requires my identity??

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by act8192, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Legitimate companies that use Paypal wont ship anything to an unverified postal address. Just the way it works and its in PP's TOS.

Without a verified address they wont send you anything. Thats the way it is. If you want to use PP its just one of those things. Id appreciate if youd quite slandering another company because you cant use PP properly.

2. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

If sending informations like copies of utilities invoices and ID papers doesn't qualify as address verification, I don't know what does. :)

3. whitedragon551

How do they know you didnt pull those out of someone elses trash? :rolleyes:

You guys should just grab your tinfoil hats and hide in your parents basement.

4. Nebulus

Good point, maybe they should send someone to my country and check me in person... :rolleyes:
    Now to answer your "concern": when you create an account and enter an address they want to make sure that that address belongs to you. For some countries like mine, this is very simple to prove, because we have ID with address, name and photo.
    I don't know exactly how they do it if in your country there is no ID card that holds all that info about a person...

5. whitedragon551

We also have an ID card. Its called a drivers license. Has our face, address, birthday, endorsements, etc. When PP verified my account they did it based off of my bank account routing info. They deposited an amount between .01 and .99 into the account and I had to tell them what they put in there to verify my address.

6. Nebulus

I know about that. That's how you become a "Verified" user. However, what I am trying to say is that even after this kind of verification (and the one involving extra papers), the payment processor I was referring to decided that the address is not verified. And it might very well be the same case for act8192 and LnS.

7. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

You are mixing up a "confirmed delivery address" with a "Verified account".

A confirmed delivery address can be confirmed via your credit/debit card details. A verified account needs to have your bank details confirmed either by the deposit check or by setting up credit with paypal.

I currently do not have a verified account, but my address is confirmed due to my debit card being on PP account.

- Stem

8. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

This came in the mail this morning
    Arrgh!

9. act8192

Another workday across the pond is over. Still no answer from LnS help links to various contacts.

So is LnS an honest outfit? I thought they were.

10. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

They've been honest and prompt in all of my correspondence with them (purchase and post-purchase support). FYI, this was during Frederic's absence from the forum.

11. act8192

In the absence of Frederic, I have seen several posts such as yours. On the strengths of those remarks I decided I'll be ok to take this plunge into the land of this strangely built firewall. So I had no reason to doubt that help will be there, But then then the middle guys (nexway in france and service@telechargement.fr got in the way with strange rules.

If they really refund the money to my credit card on record with PayPal-US, and not some nonexistent bank account which they mention, I'll be happy and perhaps find a way to get LnS via another outfit that will not throw readblocls to prevent a simple sale through one layer of PayPal.

And then struggle with this new thing in adventure mode, sice the forum is unattended, so I don't think I can count on much help there unless guys like you come and help.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  12. act8192

I have a refund to my credit card - email from PayPal:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.