look'n'stop,avira and?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cet, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

I am using look'n'stop firewall with Avira free.Which hips should I use real time to complement my set-up.
    I have 1 year license for mamutu and using it right now.Should I change mamutu and use a more classical hips to cover all my bases.What are your advices?

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

depends if u like more popups or not, but mamutu is more than enough (i use it myself).

3. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

You may also want to check out DefenseWall. Excellent protection with virtually no pop-ups. Terrific support as well.

4. _kronos_

_kronos_ Registered Member

I suggest to use limited priviledges, maybe starting with Surun that is very easy to use..
    IMHO this is the only way that really works (and always will work) and implement your security with any doubt, while you can't say same thing about other softwareso_O

Regards

5. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Look'n'Stop and DefenseWall HIPS works great no problem.
    Also I have tested L'n'S and DefenseWall Personal Firewall (still in closed beta) and there is no problem also, but since DWPF offers Firewall module you don't need others firewalls - however if you still want use your favorite firewall with DefenseWall Personal Firewall there will no problems or you can just choose DefenseWall HIPS.

6. cet

cet Registered Member

Thanks,I can try DefenseWall.

7. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

I agree. Sandboxie is your primary security app (but set it up properly as per ssj100's previous posts). There's lot of different apps you could then add as your second line, but what you've got is a perfectly good setup that covers all the bases. Very well balanced in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.