Looking for help managing Eset!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by balthus, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balthus

balthus Registered Member

hello all! first thread, so hello and thanks in advance! :D

so here are my problems (i have a few.)

sitrep: i work at a software company and we have offices all over the state i live in. we are not able to walkup to computers and fix them a lot of the time so we use GoToMyPc

1)is it safe to dial in to a pc with NOD32 that i am almost positive has been infected with some spyware possibly a trojan?

2)the users of these clients are not computer savy AT ALL!
    they are middle aged women who don't even have email accounts. i would like to have Eset not pop-up any of the warning windows. i would like it to simply understand that when anything bad that happens i would like Eset to handle it in the appropriate manner...if not i get calls all day long about these pop-ups.

3)i am considering becoming the security guy for my company. since there are only 5 of us the other people don't have time to deal with this stuff. where do i start? o_O o_O all of our clients have Eset running on them, how hard is it to set-up an administrator account?
    3a) we have about 10 client offices all running on different servers (they are different companies...is this even possible?)

4)lastly, a few of our clients got some spyware on them (through ticketmaster's website!) I am going to dial-in to these computers and run Sygate PF, AdAware, & TDS. Is this the best quick fix combo? i understand that NOD32 will sound the alarm once it detects the adaware files, but is this SAFEo_O

please help me. our security issues are growing daily and i feel like a total noob (cause i am :p )

thanks a lot....
    b.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Balthus, welcome to Wilders :D

Yes, Nod32 will protect your PC when dialing in.

That can be set up, as well you can had Nod32 notify you of an infection…

Not to bad at all, you shouldn’t have a problem, and there are some pretty clued up people running very large networks that frequent this forum, such as Rumpstah, Bsilva, Anotherjack, as well as the Eset Moderators…

Indeed it is.

There is a thread here that gives a cleaning method that works very well and it gives links to some very good programs: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=47830

Hope this helps…

Cheers :D

3. balthus

thanks for the reply blackspear...working late tonight so i am thankful for the prompt response!
    i will follow the link and hopefully makes some contacts around here...anyone else with experiences please feel free to pm me with words of wisdom before i embark on this project. :D

4. Blackspear

bump, Bump, BUMP.

Rumpstah, where are you, your help is require my friend ;) :D

:D :D :D

5. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi balthus:

I am around so give me a post here and I will see if I can reply. ;)

6. balthus

hey rumpstah.
    thanks, i made a long post...and it seems to have gone.

well in a nut shell (sealed with frustration :mad: )
    i am going to set-up a group of computers this weekend.
    it is 7 clients and a server.

1)i have not much experience with servers and setting this kind of thing up (actually none...)
    1a)i am pretty good with this stuff and i feel confident in taking large steps to making sure this gets done properly.

2)i would like the server to update the clients and i would like the clients to send alerts and update confirmations to the server and then have the server send them to me (if this is a good idea...i don't know, but it seems like the most logical to me)

3)i would like to learn how to set-up multiple locations with multiple non-related servers doing this stuff.

4)i am very scared and have little idea where to start on this project, it means a lot to me and my company that this gets done properly.

thanks very much. :D

7. Blackspear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.