Looking for a virus scanner similar in operation and UI as NOD32

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Memory, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memory

Memory Guest

Hi,

We have 3 licenses of Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus v4.2.71.2 running out on 26-01-2014. (After 3 years.)
    I'm definitely not going to renew with them, after 1 year of corrupted downloads and time wasted on that matter. Even after the MS hotfix. Other virus scanners did not have this issue. ('nough said.)

I'm not looking for a recommendation of the best virus scanner.
    But for a recommendation of a virus scanner :
    • which is similar in operation and UI as NOD32 v4.2.71.2
    • is as light on resources as NOD32
    • works well with Look'N'Stop firewall (for now)
    • which has a free version to try first (not only a trial) and a paid version

The first 2 bullets are most important to me. I'll soon find out about the remaining 2, and the level of protection any recommendations may have.

I'm just attempting to avoid installing every other virus scanner out there. Only to find out that it is completely different in setup and operation from NOD32.

The 3 notebooks have the following specs :
    #1 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM, Win7 x86 Pro
    #2 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, Win7 x64 Pro
    #3 1.6GHz dual-core AMD E-350, 8GB RAM, Win7 x64 Pro

#1 is used for visiting sites like FB, Instagram, webmail, etc. Let's say general purpose.

#2 and #3 are used for scripting, web design, visiting sites like Github and Bitbucket, programmer's/scripter's blogs, php.net, python.org, MSDN, Developerworks, Unity3D, etc. and are backed up daily.

TIA

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Posting Policy Statement - Antivirus Software

Members should not start topics in this section asking "Which is the better or faster or lighter or whatever?" or make comparison threads setting one Antivirus product against another (i.e. this vrs. that). Also, topics asking simply "What should I use?" and listing some or several products, is considered the same thing, just worded differently. Topics such as those require no thought, always produce the same arguments, and never resolve anything. Any topic of those types posted in this section will be closed by the forum staff. (The reason for this rule is to get people to put some thought into their posts, and not ask some unclarified "what is best?" or "what should I use?" type of question, or to pit some AV products against each other, then sit back and watch the fun as their fans race to argue with each other.)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=180128

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.