Looking for a new disk cleanup utility

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I started using CCleaner several years ago because it met my needs at the time, but lately I'm getting frustrated with it and I think it's time to be moving on. Ideally what I want is something that's fairly simple without a lot of predefined options, but lets the user define what to include and exclude. I've been watching CCleaner lately and it seems to be deleting things I don't want deleted, and the feature for adding files to include/exclude is sadly lacking, at least in my experience. It's also pretty bad about not estimating exactly what will be deleted. I'd prefer something I can define with more pinpoint accuracy than I'm getting with CCleaner. Anyone know of anything?

I don't want to start a debate on the merits of CCleaner, or lack thereof. I'm looking for an alternative. :)
  2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

jv16powertools? auslogics boost speed?
  3. allizomeniz

Thanks z. I should have mentioned I'm looking for free. Those two are free trials from what I could tell. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  4. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Not sure if it's what your looking for but there's Macecraft powertoolslite, which is free.........
    http://www.macecraft.com/powertoolslite2011/
  6. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

7. allizomeniz

I appreciate all the responses. A lot of good ideas to look into. :)
  8. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.