Look n Stop with Steam games

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by shadek, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I am an avid gamer of Steam games (the platform itself and all games within it). The games (I have 100+ games) requires me to open specific ports, oftenly complete random ones for each and everyone of the games. If I disable 'Internet filtering' they all work fine, but when it's enabled, none will work playing online. I simply can't be bothered watching each of these games ports' habits and open them therafter. Is there any simple way for me to solve the problem? Would the most simple way be to disable Internet Filtering while playing and only have 'Application' and 'Protocol'-filtering enabled? Perhaps make it so all Internet filters are disabled when the games of mine are running? I do want to keep 'Internet filtering' on 24/7, even while playing, since I don't want my computer compromised.

Surely, there must be someone who runs Steam with all its games flawlessly with Look n Stop?

Cheers!

Gabe

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  2. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Disappointedly enough, the only solution I have right now is to allow UDP ports 1500-65000 when certain games are active. This works perfectly but I am open for attacks (well, I'm behind a NAT-router with firewall) and application filtering and protocol filtering are active. Will this be enough? I am 100% sure I don't have active malware on my computer since I have a tight layered security setup.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Yes it should be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.