Look 'n' Stop 2.07 + Phant0m`s Ruleset v8: Can't browse the web

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by concerned807, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. concerned807

concerned807 Registered Member

I fresh-installed Look 'n' Stop 2.07 Final on a new laptop and loaded Phant0m`s Ruleset v8.003.1. Configured Phant0m`s +Ingress Filters and Domain Name System (DNS) rules so I thought that I could browse the web and study more detailed configurations. But that just doesn't happen - my browser can't load any web address.

I've got same ISP and identical two DNS servers according to info obtained via ipconfig /all.

What I configured so far based on a original Phant0m`s-v8 Ruleset:
    - +Ingress Filters
    - Domain Name System (DNS)

Would greatly appreciate your kind advice. Log screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  2. concerned807

180.168.255.118 is my DNS server address which I did input under the DNS rule to allow. I'm on ADSL line and IP is dynamic. I think 116.231.17.244 was just my IP for that log.

3. forty

forty Guest

All I did was go to the log and right click and let it create a rule allowing udp on port 53 like it is in your log and every thing works!

4. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi concerned807,

Clearly the DNS rule is permitting DNS packets successfully, so please temporarily remove the logging attribute on that DNS rule and try browsing to an webpage, and then capture a new screen and attach for me, thanks.

By the way, I imagine switching to EnhancedRulesSet.rls works for you? Or you still even with same connectivity problem?

Regards,
    Phant0m``

5. concerned807

Thank you very much for coming up to help, Phant0m.

I've done lots of mess to the original Phant0m's ruleset - I'm not even sure where I'm at right now. Lemme put things in perspective and come back with screenshots, in a few hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.