Logs in TDS3 That can be deleted

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by WilliamP, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Let me just say ,it is great to have you back. Now is there logs that can be deleted and how do I go about it? Thank you.

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, WilliamP

You can delete your old tds logs if you what.

Open TDS. Click TDS>View logfile>. Then delete the old folders by the month.

I use CryptoSuite Secure Delete.

TheQuest :cool:

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Inside the folders that is, let the month names stay, empty if you like.

4. WilliamP

Jooske,I didn't read your post quick enough. I deleted the folders. Will TDS3 make new ones?

5. WilliamP

I made new folders. I guess that will be Ok.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Guess so, normally it is. If you used exactly the same names so TDS knows where to save them :)

7. TheQuest

Hi, WilliamP

You did no harm when you deleted the folders.
    But Jooske is right, if you are not sure then alway backup before you delete

The old folders are of little use anyway. [Just old logs, with Infomation if you need it]

For when you Reboot TDS will make a new folder and a log starting at [with] the time of TDS next start.

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hmm i meant open a month folder and delete the older content you no longer want, so the folder itself with that name stays up, as i was not sure if TDS would re-create the monthnames folders again at a next reboot, and i'm rather sure then sorry :)

These files are but txt files and don't grow too big anyway unless we let lots happen on our main console.

9. TheQuest

Hi, Jooske

I tried it before I posted Jooske. [Alway's willing to be the Guinea Pig before I post :D]

TDS made a New Apr[April] Folder after I rebooted and I took a look in the Logs, Just to be sure I was not telling WilliamP do something be Damaging to TDS.

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yeah, it sounded as if you spoke of experience, else you would have written something like "i suppose TDS will ......." :D Anyway, guess it's clear now. Was looking in those folders myself recently and thought why am i keeping all those old logs in which i never look and would not remember what they could serve for; the strange life experience is however every time i start decluttering i need the stuff back i just have thrown out even though before one can't imagine what use it could have in any way. Decided those logs don't take really much space so will look into that another time again. Maybe could delete them on a daily/weekly basis if nothing strange has happened so nothing exceptional is in those main console logs at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.