Logon and startup performance

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PRJUS, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

From time to time I have customers call asking me to come and help them troubleshoot why it can take several miniutes for users to logon to their PC's.

While logon scripts, Windows group policies and Windows profile load can cause these problems I have recently experienced two cases where the customers antivirus products (McAfee and eTrust) added +60 seconds time to the startup and logon process.

In both instances NOD32 added only about 6 seconds to the process using standard seetings compared to a pc without antivirus installed.

So is +60 seconds so bad? Well if the users starts to complain about it - it is!

Is there a question here? No, this post is just to point people to a potential problem that one should consider when testing antivirus products and an area where I can see that NOD32 is doing very well.

2. Techadvisor

Techadvisor Registered Member

I have experience the same problem with some computers, in different networks, I don’t know why it does that, but I have change the settings for NOD32 at startup and the performance has improved, where the users do not complain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.