Logitech came with BackWeb Lite

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Witchy, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witchy

Witchy Registered Member

I have just installed the Logitech keyboard and mouse MX3100 and now Spybot gives me 57 entries of BackWeb Lite. Now what should I do? Should I remove these registry entries? Or are they needed for automatic updates? Do keyboard and mouse still work after I remove BackWeb?

2. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I just did a quick Google search for this, and it appears that Spybot is the only scanner flagging this (or the only one mentioned in several various links). If you have other scanners, I would suggest running those to see if they flag these entries or not.

Also, according to the search I just did....F-Secure, Hewlett Packard, and Logitech use this (BackWeb Lite) to update or check for updates for their products. I have used Logitech's mouse in the past, and found it to be a very good product....so I would lean towards ignoring Spybot and leaving them in place unless you have other scanners identifying the same items....

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

So does Kodak Easy Share. You can have Spybot exclude it from further searches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.